Think you don’t have the time or money to pamper yourself? Not to worry… I want to share some ways I squeeze in inexpensive “quickies” to nurture myself. Utilize 5-15 minute increments sprinkled throughout the day to take care of yourself while taking care of everything and everyone else.
- Flavor your coffee with fancy creamer BEFORE the rest of the family awakes. Read something uplifting or humorous to start the day on a positive note.
- If your children are jumping on that last nerve, put yourself in time out. For 3-5 minutes breathe deeply then hum a happy tune.
- Bathe young children during the day. While they’re playing in the water, read a novel or catch up on your favorite blogs on a laptop/smart phone right there in the bathroom. It’s also an excellent opportunity for a facial scrub/mask or to paint fingernails (one thin coat of light iridescent pink dries fast and chips are less noticeable).
- Utilize kids’ nap time for craft projects, a good movie, or a nap yourself. Resist the urge to do chores. Resting IS productive.
- Time/childcare permitting, make a date with yourself. Spend an hour or two visiting the library, coffee shop, salon, or art galleries-whatever you enjoy.
- Monitor and eliminate negative self-talk. Speak kindly to yourself. Challenges are just opportunities to find another way.
Each day, be good to yourself. You’re worth it! Today’s author is Mommie Kate who offers tips and encouragement for busy moms at Practical Faith for Everyday Life.
6 thoughts on “Simple Strategies For Self-Care”
Simple strategies is a great post. Things I’ve never thought about. Thank you for the ideas
Thanks for the tips, great post, it’s good to be good to yourself.
Thank you so much for the tips! I typically bathe the kids at the end of the day when we are all tired, cranky, and at the end of our ropes. Day time baths sounds so much better now! Thanks again, you may have just saved my sanity!!! 🙂
Love and Blessings
Great advice! I am not yet a mother.. But this is definitely useful knowledge for the future 🙂
Thank you so much for sharing your self care tactics. I will be implementing some of these.
Thank you sooooooo much….
Such practical yet pertinent tips. I like this self care idea, I need to practice it more!
Comments are closed.