Living Self-Care: Body-Mind-Heart&Soul
To make self-care a lasting habit, we must redefine our priorities shifting our attention from what’s urgent to what’s truly important.
In Beyond the Eighth Habit, Steven Covey discusses four paths which correspond to the four aspects of health essential to self-care: body-to live; mind-to learn; heart-to love; and soul-to leave a legacy. If we devote time and attention to these, we will create optimal health, happiness, and life satisfaction, enhancing the lives of everyone around us.
1. Make your health and well-being a priority
2. Nourish your body with food, sleep, activity and rest.
3. Manage stress wisely.
4. Be a positive thinker.
5. Don’t make assumptions.
6. Accept yourself and others wholly.
7. Trust your inner guidance.
8. Nourish relationships with family and friends.
9. Respect yourself and others.
10. Do what makes your heart sing.
11. Practice compassion, kindness and forgiveness.
12. Connect with spirit through gratitude, service, and intention.
While we can’t control everything, we can create a life filled with health, happiness and purpose if we align our actions and thoughts with living self-care body, mind, heart and soul. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Make it count!
Today is the final day of the Mother’s Day Self-Care Contest/Challenge. If you haven’t subscribed to our blog yet, register by 11:59 CT tonight t win our fabulous prizes. Thanks for joining us. Hope you’ll stay with us and keep Living Self-Care.