As the owner of Divalysscious Moms, a luxury lifestyle company for mothers and families, and the mother of two young children (Jackson, 7, and Oliver, 4), I am frequently asked how I balance motherhood, business and “me” time. Here are my recommended ingredients.
1. Children Come First. That means any emails or calls can wait until the children are settled. When your children feel secure, everything works better.
2. Prioritize. Start your work before your children wake. Lessen your pain with a jumbo cup of coffee!
3. Have a routine. Having breakfast with my boys, taking them to school, eating together, reading and snuggle-time are crucial.
4. Have a “Mommy Time Out”. Moms who run their own businesses also need “time out.” As they say if mom isn’t happy, no one is. Take ten minutes to meditate, get a massage, or phone a friend to rejuvenate and preserve your sanity.
5. Delegate. Being a mom and business owner gives you the right to delegate, which means surrounding yourself with a team of positive, dedicated, high energy people. My husband is my biggest supporter. We both work, and we make our schedules coordinate with the kids’ as best we can. Don’t be afraid to ask for help! It’s always better than having a meltdown.
Follow these tips and you will be an uber Divalysscious Mom. Remember, making yourself a priority is not something to feel guilty about! Happy moms make happy kids.
Today’s author is Lyss Stern, founder and CEO of Divalysscious Moms. Also on Facebook and Twitter.
One thought on ““Mommy Entrepeneur’s Recipe for Divalysscious Success”-Part 2”
Generally, I agree with you. But sometimes I have to put myself first, before kids, husband or business. It just depends on the situation. I’ve out myself on the back burner behind even the kids too many times and my family and business has paid for it. I’m glad that you have found such a great way to balance everything!
Comments are closed.