There are bucket lists, rainy day lists, pros and cons lists, but what about a DO list? Do you have a list of things you actively want to do for yourself but just “can’t find the time?” Valentine’s Day is a perfect time to put that plan into practice.
While most people associate Valentine’s Day with lovers, and couples, kids and families, the perception that we can love ourselves gets a raised eyebrow. I’m not talking about THAT kind of love. I’m hinting about love of self and pampering ourselves for a change.
We already know that women don’t take the time or feel that they can’t.
Here are some easy and quick ways to be loving yourself this holiday.
- Get a massage or spa treatment of your choice. You deserve it!
- Splurge on a nice “something-something” for yourself you’ve had an eye on.
- Get yourself some flowers – and they’ll be the perfect choice!
- Like to journal? Start a fresh journal for the year and write about the ways you can practice self-care!
- Do you find that you’re very self-critical? Give yourself a break, at least for today.
Today’s guest author is Mollee Bauer, founder of pregnancy.org, the premiere website for info and support for pregnant and new moms.